Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 5-8 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 lb ground beef (you can use a full pound if you want. We try to keep our meat intake low so I use a 1/2 lb)
- A-1 steak sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small can of peas
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
To Make It:
- Add the potatoes to a big pot with enough water to cover them all up. Add some salt. Bring to the water to a boil. Once it’s boiling, cover the potatoes and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, just until the potatoes are tender enough to mash. Once tender, mash the potatoes and stir in 1/3 cup milk (adjust the amount as needed to make them fluffy), cheddar cheese and peas.
- Preheat the oven to 350degrees.
- Brown the beef in a skillet on the stove top on medium-high heat. Once browned, mix in 2 tbsp of A-1 steak sauce.
- Stir in green bell peppers and carrots.
- Spread the potato mixture in to the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish. Spread the beef mixture over the top.
- Bake in 350degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.