Is there anything better than a potato? I really don’t think there is, I mean, there are just so many ways to cook them. You can slice them and fry them or mash them or smash them or roast them or bake them. I was really craving potatoes. I wanted mashed potatoes, I was going to make some fluffy, spicy, and cheesy mashed potatoes then I changed my mind and decided to bake them. Mmm baked potatoes! It sounded delicious so I raided my kitchen. Potatoes? Check. Cooking oil? Check. Salt? Check. Butter? Check. Hmm….let’s see….there is some chicken, and barbecue sauce, and cheese…awesome! Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato it is then!
- 1/2lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (any flavor but I usually use hickory honey smoke)
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 baking potatoes
- cooking oil
To Make It:
- Preheat oven to 375 (I like my potato skin to get crispy, I like crispy skin on my baked potato. If you like yours less crispy preheat to 350).
- Scrub potatoes, cover with cooking oil, sprinkle with salt. Pierce potatoes with a fork, at least 8-10 holes. Place potatoes directly on the oven rack for 1.5 hours.
- Heat shredded chicken on stovetop, add barbecue sauce to chicken and heat through.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and open (be careful of the steam. Potatoes can get VERY hot). Top the opening with shredded barbecue chicken and cheddar cheese. Serve with an additional side of barbecue sauce or sour cream.
You can play with other toppings too of course. There are a lot of other options, you can add bacon or chives or broccoli or chopped peppers.