Ahh! I checked my admissions status online for the new University I was hoping to transfer to and, still, there’s no update. It’s frustrating and annoying but it is a waiting game with University admittance. I know this. I’ve played this game before.
I went over the process:
- Submit application? Check!
- Send previous college transcripts? Check!
- Send high school transcripts? Check!
- File in-state residency papers? Check!
- Pay application fee? Check!
I went over the requirements:
- Complete two years of a foreign language? Check!
- Obtain an A.A. from a previous college or have at least 60 transferrable credit hours? Check!
- Have a minimum 3.0 on all previously attempted college coursework? Eek! Nope.
Damn. What does that mean? Does that mean I’m not going to be admitted? Will they review my transcripts and realize that all of my bad grades were a long time ago, back when I was a stupid and troubled kid? Will they take that into consideration? Will they ask that I file an explanation or appeal a negative decision? Damn! What to do? What if this goes bad? I need a plan “B” and maybe a “C.”
I looked online at the distance learning programs for other in-state colleges and universities. They didn’t have anything that matched my goals. Apparently, it’s also easier to earn a graduate degree online than it is to earn an undergraduate degree online. Dirty, rotten, bastards. Oh well. Plan “B” = total bust.
Plan “C” – go back to my current college and apply for admission to the Business program again. I was accepted before but chose to pursue Education instead. Well, since those rotten-egg eating succubus’ don’t offer any Education courses during a time in which I can actually attend them (eg: at night or online) I re-applied to the Business program. I know they offer those courses online and at night.
I shall do what it is that I must do. I swear, I really don’t feel, in my heart of hearts, that God wants me to be a corporate slave my entire life but it does seem pretty apparent that He wants me to get my degree in Business. Here’s what it comes down to – Plan “A” is be accepted to the University I want to go to and get my degree in Social Sciences. Plan “B” was a bust. Plan “C” is to be accepted back into my current school’s Business program.
“A” or “C” that’s what it come down to. I’ll throw a quick little message up to God to let Him know that I do indeed have a preference but I’ll go where He tells me to go, not complain about it, and see how this whole thing unfolds. Life…it does indeed get curiouser and curiouser…